Monday, June 8, 2009

The Race

Last weekend, we went to Austin to see the Smiths and for me to race in my first triathlon. There were around 2000 women participating and it was so much fun! My goals were 1. not to drown and 2. not to come in last. I accomplished both so it was a success for me! It was also so great to have Blake and my sister out there cheering me on.

Katie - I had many flashbacks of watching your cross country races - so I guess you owed me one - ha!

pre-race stretching

the competition

part 1... the swim

part 2... the bike

part 3... the run


finished!

3 comments:

shelly dahl said...

I am so proud of you. what an accomplishment! You are awesome. Love you.

Lindsey said...

Wowee!! You look amazing! And it turns out you ARE amazing! Great job!

The Smith Family said...

You were so good! I was glad I got to see it!