Saturday, August 15, 2009

Costa Rica!











Wow, what a great trip! We wanted a beach vacation with a little more to offer and I'd say Costa Rica over-delivered. I really only got to lay out once or twice the whole time we were there - which was good and bad I guess. It was great fun though and although we missed Lily terribly, it was a needed get-a-way. Big thanks to Grana and Nana for taking such good care of Lily - she has not stopped talking about all the fun she had!

We went with the Harvey's and the Vinson's - the boys all went to school together - and pretty much did not stop from the time we left on a Sunday morning until we got home late Thursday night. The resort was absolutely beautiful and was all-inclusive, which really means they trick you into thinking everything is "free" because you paid for it months ago. We tried to get our money's worth.

When we were not eating the phenomenal food, we snorkled, sea kayaked, surfed, played golf (just the boys), sang karaoke (not Blake of course and if you know me well, you'll know I had no business with a mike either), went to the spa (again, just me), and then went on an all day excursion that included a zip-line canopy tour of the jungle, a 1600 ft waterslide through the jungle, horseback riding - again, in the jungle, and a hot springs/mud bath spa courtesy of the volcano - you guessed it... in the jungle. And all these years I've thought all jungles have to offer are animals and bugs that could eat me alive.

It's good to be home - I just wish we could have stowed away one of those Costa Rican housekeepers!






No comments: