Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Uncle David

A few days after Christmas, my uncle, Dr. David Fant, passed away. I have no doubt that he will be remembered for many years in his community as a devoted and caring physician and even more so by his family and friends as man of great faith and an unyeilding love for his two daughters, who lost their mother several years ago.

I was touched by the heartfelt words spoken at his funeral and was thankful to get the opportunity to learn more about him as the father, physician, church member and friend that he was to so many. My cousins were amazing as they shared their memories and thanked those who came to pay thier respects with faith and grace well beyond their teenage years. I was more proud of them than I have been of just about anyone. I know that even though there will be tough days ahead, their dad's love of God and faith in his teachings has been passed on to them and will carry them through.

No comments: