Friday, September 5, 2008

Bedtime = Playtime

After trying just about everything except Ambien, I am open to suggestions on how to get Lily back to taking a good nights sleep. We've tried putting her to bed super early, keeping her up late, giving her rice cereal, letting her cry and pretty much are out of ideas. I wonder if she is cutting a tooth? She isn't overly cranky, but just doesn't seem to sleep very soundly anymore. It is completely a toss up lately how well she will sleep and some nights are much better than others. She is still napping well, so we have that to be thankful for.

Here are a few picks I took with my phone. I'll post some more from the camera soon.

Lily ready to go on a morning run. Yeah for fall temperatures!




Her first baseball game - watching the Travs play the Naturals.


Later on at the Travs game when she started getting sweaty and tired.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey Courtney! I would love to talk to you about terrible sleep!! I had the worlds worst child right at 5-6 months. I swear by the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"! You are more than welcome to borrow it!

Carrie Vick

Hello blog buddies! It's me, Crouse! said...

she is too cute, court! it still seems like you and katie are too little to be moms! just an idea - it might be that the naps are too good to be true. i "babywised" emily, and the feeding schedule worked like a charm. i never (I swear) had to let her cry it out. I fed her (even when she was older) on a 3 to 31/2 hour schedule. i laid her down to sleep - i did not put her to sleep myself. and to this day she sleeps 12 to 13 hours per night. naps aren't always great, but it sure does work for those of us who have to get up and go to work in the a.m. you're doing a great job! congrats on your cute baby!

Jaclyn said...

Good luck with the sleep thing. Braeden is now almost 21 months and just started sleeping through the night...just not in his own bed. Whatever you do, do not cave in like we did and put Lily in your bed. Biggest mistake I ever made. What made the difference for us though was making sure his belly was completely full and that he took his last nap no later than 3pm, so he would be up by 5. Braeden is a night owl like me, so it's very hard for me to force him to sleep when I'm not ready to go to bed. Just stick to a routine and Lily will eventually get used to it.

Jamie said...

I know it is hard when they don't sleep well! If she's teething, you could try some baby orajel. See if that helps. Also, I agree with the person that talked about making sure she has a full tummy. That was something I always tried to be sure of. I know when nursing that can be hard. You might try seeing if she'll take more from a bottle after you nurse her to try to see if she is still hungry. Routines are always good too. I hope you find something that helps!

Anonymous said...

hey courtney. sorry i'm just now reading this, but i just had to chime in. 4 months was pretty rough for us. violet started cutting her first 2 teeth and she stopped sleeping through the night (she never took good naps). i found comfort on this blog:
http://www.askmoxie.org/2007/10/4-month-olds.html

she always has great advice, plus you can read everyone else's struggles and solutions in the comments.

in short, this is typical for 4 months and we had to just push through. we tried everything with violet. it was extremely frustrating but i was so, so thankful to have isaac there to help. lilly will probably be a little easier to figure out, though. good luck.